Here’s some points for how to renew your CNIC online
- Log in to NADRA online Portal
- Click on Apply online for CNIC
- Provide all the required details in the application form
- Write the address where you want your ID card to be delivered
- Pay CNIC renewal fee via credit or debit card
- Upload the scanned documents, fingerprint form and photograph
- Lastly, sign the declaration and submit the application
Every Pakistani knows all too well about the cumbersome process of getting or renewing their ID card. Standing in long lines outside the NADRA offices to get the CNIC is a not an easy process. But now, with NADRA online facility, you can get CNIC at your doorstep.
This process is easy and hassle-free. With NADRA’s online facility, the Pakistani citizens can apply for the issuance or renewals of their CNIC from the comfort of their home. You just have to create an account on the portal and fill all the details required in the form. You can pay the fee through any credit or debit card. The CNIC’s will be delivered to your given address. So, if your ID card is expired and you want to renew it, here’s how it can be done.
How to Renew your CNIC Online
The first step in this renewal process is going to the NADRA online portal (Link: https://id.nadra.gov.pk/). As you access the link, you will see the ‘Apply now/Login’ option. Click on it.
- If you already have an account, just type in your username and password to log in. Otherwise, you have to create an account on the NADRA online portal.
- If you want to learn how to create an account on NADRA’s online portal, then you can read the article about online verification of CNIC on our site (Link: https://propakistani.pk/how-to/how-to-verify-your-cnic-with-nadra-online/). You will find the complete process of creating an account on the NADRA portal in that article.
- After logging in, you will see different option on the screen such as online CNIC, FRC, verification services etc. Click on “Online CNIC”.
- After that, a new window will appear with a list of options. From those options, choose “My identity card has expired” and click on “Start New Application”.
- A form will appear on your screen. Provide all the required details in the application.
- Type in the address where you want your card to be delivered and pay the application fee online through any credit or debit card.
- Next up, upload the scanned photograph and required documents.
- Now download the fingerprint form and apply your fingerprints on it. Use this link https://id.nadra.gov.pk/docs/FingerprintGuidelines.pdf for fingerprint guidelines.
- Scan the document with your fingerprints and upload it.
- After that, download and fill the Urdu data form.
- Once the Urdu form is filled, scan it and upload it. You may have to upload the witness form if it is applicable.
- Finally, review all the provided information and sign the declaration.
Once the application form is complete, NADRA will start the renewal process. After completion of the process, you will receive the renewed CNIC at the address of your choosing.ADVERTISEMENT
CNIC Renewal Fee
If you want to know about the application fee for CNIC renewal, have a look at the image below:
Note: This information is for the renewal of CNIC only. If you want to know about the application fee for other identity documents, you can visit the following link https://id.nadra.gov.pk/fee/.
Things you need for Online CNIC Renewal
- Attester or verifier form
- Fingerprint form
- Other supporting documents
Other Online Services by NADRA
There’s a variety of services provided by NADRA’s online facility. Some of them are mentioned below.ADVERTISEMENT
- New Overseas ID (NICOP) for the first time.
- ID Card Reprint if your card was lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed.
- CNIC Renewal if your card has expired.
- ID card Modification if you want to amend your national identity data.
- CNIC Verification if you need to verify an ID Card.
This online facility is a great initiative from NADRA that will aid Pakistan in ensuring e-governance. The overseas Pakistanis can also use this online facility to renew their CNIC from anywhere in the world. This NADRA online facility was need of the hour for Pakistani nationals living here and abroad. Let us know in the comments if you have any queries.
This was all about How to Renew Your CNIC Online. Do let us know in the comments section if you have any other questions.